Alejandro earned his LL.M. in Regulation from the London School of Economics and Political Sciences, United Kingdom, and his LL.M. from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP). His practice focuses on competition law, economic regulation, telecommunications regulation, energy and transportation, tort liability, contracts, and arbitration. He is fluent in English.
Partner of Bullard Falla Ezcurra+ since 2001. He served as member of the board of directors of the Supervisory Agency for Investment in Energy and Mining (OSINERGMIN), as well as president of the Commission for the Supervision of Advertising and Repression of Unfair Competition and member of the Free Competition Commission at INDECOPI, the Peruvian competition authority.
Alejandro was an external legal advisor on economic regulation matters to the Private Investment Promotion Commission (currently PROINVERSION) and a member of the advisory board to the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
Alejandro is the director of the Master of Intellectual Property and Competition Law program at the PUCP. He is also professor of the Competition Law course given at this university. Moreover, he teaches the Competition Law and Free Market course at the Universidad del Pacífico.
He was a visiting professor in the Competition Law course of the Master of Business Law program at the Torcuato di Tella University in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Alejandro has been rated as a leader in Band 1 (Competition and Regulation) since 2008, Band 1 and Band 2 (Telecoms, Media and Technology – TMT) since 2015, and Band 2 (Energy and Transportation Regulation) from 2010 to 2016 in the Chambers & Partners ranking.
Ranked as a “Leading Lawyer” by The Legal 500 in its Competition and Regulation and Public Law and Regulation categories in 2019. Also listed as a “Leading Lawyer” in Competition and Regulation and as an “Excellent Lawyer” in Administrative Litigation in the 2019 Leaders League ranking.
Alejandro is a columnist for the El Comercio newspaper.
His numerous publications include:
- Falla, Alejandro, Quintana, Eduardo and Villarán, Lucía, “Cartels Law and Practice in Peru,” Chambers & Partners, 2020 and 2021.
- Falla, Alejandro, Quintana, Eduardo Villarán, Lucía and Cadenas, Andrea, “Merger Control Law and Practice in Peru,” Chambers & Partners, 2020 and 2021.
- Co-author, “Peru”. In: International Competition Litigation: A Multi-jurisdictional Handbook. Editors: Gordon Blanke and Renato Nazzini, 2012.
- “Comments on the Peruvian Arbitration Act. Comment on Article 69,” Instituto Peruano de Arbitraje, 2011.
- Co-author, “Carrot or stick: What it depends on: The Enforcement styles of Regulation”. In: About the General Administrative Procedure Act, tribute book dedicated to José Alberto Bustamante Belaunde. Apuntes de Derecho y Economía. Fondo Editorial de la Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas.
- Co-author, “Acts Contrary to Free Competition”. In: Unfair Competition Law. Fondo Editorial de la Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, November 2007.